Create a “LOST PET” flyer. Include a clear pet photo, the pet’s name, breed, sex, color, age, weight, any distinguishing features, and at what location and town when he/she was last seen. Be sure to include a contact phone number with area code and/or an email address. Create enough copies of the flyer to post in parks, pet stores, convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants and around schools, anywhere large groups of people frequent.
Create a “FOUND PET” flyer. Include a description of the animal such as size, sex, color, any distinguishing features. In addition, include the location and town where the pet was found. Any information provided will be extremely helpful. Also, include a contact phone number with area code and/or email address.
Local Shelters: Bring flyers to post and go to each shelter often to check their most recent intakes.
Local Veterinary Clinics : Inquire whether an injured animal matching the pets’ description came in. In addition, ask if posting of flyers is accepted.
· Antelope Veterinary Hospital (530) 527-4522 (85 Belle Mill Rd, Red Bluff, CA 96080)
· Corning Veterinary Clinic (530) 824-2966 (2023 Solano St., Corning, CA 96021)
· Cottonwood Veterinary Clinic (530) 347-3711 (3917 N. Main, Cottonwood, CA 96022)
· Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital (530) 865-5634 (4422 Country Rd. N, Orland, CA 95963)
· Mill Creek Veterinary Hospital (530) 384-1700 (8202 State Highway 99E, Los Molinos, CA 96055)
· Orland Veterinary Hospital (530) 865-4478 (1137 8th St, Orland, CA 95963 )
· Red Bluff Veterinary Clinic (530) 527-1886 (445 Luther Rd, Red Bluff, CA 96080)
· Valley Veterinary Clinic (530) 527-5259 (420 Antelope Blvd, Red Bluff, CA 96080)
· Walker Street Veterinary Clinic (530) 865-3630 (512 Walker St., Orland, CA 95963)
If a stray dog is found: If you do find a stray dog in Tehama County, you must, within 24 hours (8 hours in City of Red Bluff), notify the authorities.
· In the city limits of Red Bluff, call the Red Bluff Police Department (530-527-3131)
· In the city limits of Corning call the Corning Police Department (530-824-7000)
· Anywhere in Tehama County other than the above call the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office (530-529-7900 ext. 1)
Use the internet. Facebook pages: